NJ Labs is a third-party testing lab located in New Brunswick, NJ supporting pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, supplement, and cosmetic industries.
Seeking a highly skilled and experienced GC + GC headspace + GC/MS Analyst to join our team where the analyst will have adequate and detailed knowledge of these Agilent instruments along with Open Lab, Empower 3 and Mass Hunter Software. Proficient in chemical components, chemistry and math which will help use scientific rules and methods to analyze multiple types of samples and troubleshoot instruments when required. This position requires detailed knowledge and understanding of fundamental laboratory principles.
A successful candidate will be responsible for performing routine analysis plus development and implementation of new methods, method transfers, USP methods and/or in-house test procedures. This analyst will be responsible for all the aspects of the sample from sample prep, standards, and solutions, troubleshoots, analysis of complex mixtures & matrices, low concentration compounds, and identifying compounds while maintaining quality in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
Familiar and/or proficient with other Agilent instruments along with Open Lab, Empower 3 for LC and GC and Masshunter for MS software is a plus.
NJ Labs is a fast-paced environment where analysis and priorities are constantly changing based on client requirements.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Required to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
- Able to adapt to changes with company’s policies and regulations.
- Perform and document routine work assigned which includes operating analytical instruments and performing wet chemistry analysis in compliance with all applicable standard operation procedures, compendial monographs, policies, and regulations.
- Abide by ALCOA (Attributable, Legible, Contemporaneous, Original and Accurate).
- Able to comply and follow CGMP/GLP laboratory practice and documentation relevant to the duties and responsibilities assigned as well as able to comply with company’s requirements and regulations.
- Record and document all observations and procedures in a concise and detailed manner in laboratory notebooks in accordance with GMP.
- Perform preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and calibration on instruments as needed.
- NJ Labs is an FDA & DEA registered, CGMP certified, and ISO/IEC 17025:2017 accredited where analyst must comply with CGMP, GLP, GDP and NJL safety policies. They must follow respective standard operation procedures and quality practices established by the Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs Departments.
- Analysts will be required to participate in providing technical and scientific support for executing, validating, and verifying analytical testing. This position also requires collaboration with cross functional teams/departments to achieve a common goal or to complete a task in the effective and efficient way. Chemist should be able to exercise independent scientific judgment and may be required to participate in problem solving tasks.
- Bachelor’s in chemistry or a related scientific field
- 2+ years of experience in GC, GC headspace, GC-MS analysis, and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- QC lab work experience within pharmaceutical, supplements, cosmetics and/or food labs or manufacturing.
- Attention to detail and excellent communication skills are also a must!
WORK CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
This position must work a minimum of 40 hours a week over a period of 5 days a week and may require additional hours to meet project deadlines. This position does not require traveling.
- Wear proper protective equipment.
- Sometimes exposed to loud sounds or distracting noise levels.
- Are often exposed to contaminants or hazardous conditions while conducting analyses.
- Work within several feet of others in the laboratory.
- Sit or stand for an extended period.
- Be able to lift objects up to 25 pounds.
- May have to crawl or climb to perform certain tasks like maintenance of an instrument.
- Repetitive tasks with few breaks.
- Generous benefit options
- Paid training, vacation, and holidays (vacation accrual begins on first day of employment)
- Career advancement opportunities
- Education reimbursement
- 401k program
- Learning platform
- And more!
Note: The Company will explore and provide reasonable accommodations to assist any qualified individual with a disability in performing the essential functions of his/her job.