FRONT OFFICE ASSISTANT
NJ Labs is a third-party testing lab located in New Brunswick, NJ supporting pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, supplement, and cosmetic industries.
This position assists all the departments of the company in various administrative duties. The Administrative Assistant needs to be familiar with business concepts and technical vocabulary, organizational operations and daily administrative procedures for the daily administrative support of the company. They are also responsible for handling clerical tasks in the office. This position must have the ability to communicate effectively in writing, in person and by telephone. Must have the ability to efficiently and accurately relay messages and interact with callers and visitors. They should be computer-proficient and able to use common office software, such as word processing and spreadsheet applications.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist Sample Coordinator in logging in samples, as required.
- Assist QA-QC Coordinator in their job duties when necessary.
- Generate Certificate of Analysis when all sample analysis has been completed.
- Generate invoices and ensure they are correctly issued.
- Ensure all laboratory testing have been accurately charged as quoted.
- Maintain client’s files ensuring they are organized and consistent with laboratory policy.
- Provide services to customers, such as additional copies of reports and/or invoices and account information.
- Distributes mail and send packages via FedEx/UPS/USPS mail as needed.
- Sends out emails and mail with all required information and attachments for clients, as required.
- Notify employees upon receipt of deliveries.
- Keep records of visitors signing in and out of the office.
- Provide services to clients and visitors giving the necessary information, additional copies of reports and/or invoices, status of in-house projects and account information.
- Receives, properly screens, transfers and/or take messages from all calls and visitors in a professional manner.
- Greet visitors and clients at the main entrance.
- Maintains cleanliness in the front desk area.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team.
- Maintain front office etiquette.
- Maintain a positive and calm demeanor while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Carries out the above responsibilities, and all other which may be assigned.
- Work as a team: Collaboration between all departments to achieve a common goal or to complete a task in the most effect and efficient way.
- To Accommodate business needs, which include understanding how to prioritize daily tasks and be efficient in managing your time.
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in a related scientific field.
- Experience as an office assistant for at least 2-3 years.
- Strong background in pharmaceutical cGMPs.
- Ability to read, understand and apply established protocols and Standard Operating Procedures to perform daily objectives.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and meet timelines.
- Detail oriented with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal formats.
- Excellent understanding of laboratory safety practices.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and collaborate on team projects.
- Computer competency with experience in Microsoft Office.
- Preferably have experience in a CGMP environment.
- Preferably have experience with QuickBooks.
WORK CONDITIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
This position must work a minimum of 40 hours a week over a period of 5 days a week and may require additional hours to meet project deadlines. This position does not require traveling.
- Wear proper protective equipment.
- Sometimes exposed to loud sounds or distracting noise levels.
- Are often exposed to contaminants or hazardous conditions while conducting analyses.
- Work within several feet of others in the laboratory.
- Sit or stand for an extended period.
- Be able to lift objects up to 25 pounds.
- May have to crawl or climb to perform certain tasks like maintenance of an instrument.
- Repetitive tasks with few breaks.
- Generous benefit options
- Paid training, vacation, and holidays (vacation accrual begins on first day of employment)
- Career advancement opportunities
- Education reimbursement
- 401k program
- Learning platform
- And more!
Note: The Company will explore and provide reasonable accommodations to assist any qualified individual with a disability in performing the essential functions of his/her job.