Dental, Medical, Vision
Why Work Here?
“Great CEO, friendly collegial environment focused on quality, opportunity for growth testing across various industries. You won’t be bored!”
The Microbiology Lab Assistant provides support to the rest of the team. This position should understand and follow Quality Manual, Standard Operating Procedures, and Methods documents relevant to assigned responsibilities to meet or exceed the standards set by government regulatory and agencies. Microbiology Lab Assistants cooperatively works with others to assist whenever possible and to maintain cleanliness of laboratory by keeping up to date with health and safety issues.
Role and Responsibilities
· Perform and document routine work assigned which includes operating analytical instruments in compliance with all applicable standard operation procedures, compendial monographs, policies, and regulations.
· Abide by ALOCA (Attributable, legible, contemporaneous, original, and accurate).
· Able to comply and follow CGMP/GLP laboratory practice and documentation relevant to the duties and responsibilities assigned as well as able to comply with company’s requirements and regulations.
· Record in concise and detailed documentation in a laboratory notebook accordance with GMP.
· Document all observations in a laboratory notebook accordance with GMP.
· Perform calibration on basic instruments as needed.
· Required to accommodate business needs by executing time management skills and prioritizing tasks.
· Required to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
· Able to adapt to changes with company’s policies and regulations.
· Maintain assigned instruments or assigned equipment as required/needed.
· Ensure testing and results are conducted and reporting without comprising quality and released in a timely manner to meet the deadline set, such as urgent, rush or standard turnaround time.
· Participates in audits and assists in improving laboratory procedures.
· Prepare all microbiological media for all analyses in the absence of the lab assistant responsible for media preparation.
· Reads all plate count plates, calculates, and transcribes all plate count results to appropriate notebooks and assay sheets.
· Operation of balances, hot plates, media dispenser, pH meter and dishwasher.
· Manage autoclave operations to ensure appropriate cycle times.
· Record temperatures in all refrigerators, incubators, freezer, and water baths.
· Check all dataloggers for battery voltage and temperature excursions.
· Document and maintain inventory of incoming samples.
· Assist in cleaning Laboratory glassware and check for residual detergent.
· Work as a team: The collaboration of all departments to achieve a common goal or to complete a task in the most effective and efficient way
· To accommodate business needs, which includes understanding how to prioritize daily tasks and be efficient with managing your time.
· Help maintain cleanliness of the lab as per NJL SOP in the absence of the lab assistant responsible for these duties.
· Assist the Microbiology Manager in any additional duties.
· Act as a back-up to sample log-in personnel as necessary
The position includes all other responsibilities that may be necessary to fulfill the duties associated with the position or as may be assigned.
· High School degree required. Associates Degree in a biological science preferred.
· 0 to 2 years of experience in a laboratory environment.
· Experience in a cGMP environment helpful.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to work independently and collaborate on team projects.
· Exceptional work ethic and thrives in fast paced conditions.
The Company will explore and provide reasonable accommodations to assist any qualified individual with a disability in performing the essential functions of his/her job.
WORK CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
This position must work a minimum of 40 hours a week over a period of 5 days a week and may require additional hours to meet project deadlines. This position does not require traveling.
· Wear proper protective equipment.
· Sometimes exposed to loud sounds or distracting noise levels.
· Are often exposed to contaminants or hazardous conditions while conducting analyses.
· Work within several feet of others in the laboratory.
· Sit or stand for an extended period.
· Be able to lift objects up to 25 pounds.
· May have to crawl or climb to perform certain tasks like maintenance of an instrument.
· Repetitive tasks with few breaks.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
About NJ Labs:
NJ Labs provides expert analytical chemistry & microbiology testing for the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, dietary supplement, cosmetic, dairy & food industries. We are an FDA, DEA, registered & inspected, contract laboratory testing to exacting CGMP standards. Our team of scientists builds upon our quality legacy by continually developing and validating methods for raw materials and finished products testing – established upon our founding over 80 years ago.